Schedule: Networking – 6:00 PM, Dinner – 6:30 PM, Presentation – 7:30 PM
Cyber security is not just an IT problem. RIM practitioners have a stake – and a responsibility – to address these risks, too. This session will discuss types of cyber risks and facilitate discussion on mitigating them. The presenters will emphasize the need to identify cyber vulnerabilities in Information Governance planning from RIM and IT perspectives. Case studies of recent horror stories, including ransomware, breaches, and hacking events, will be analyzed and discussed. The session will focus on:
- Identifying the types of cyber-security risks that currently exist and potential strategies to mitigate these risks
- Recognizing the value of partnering with IT and security personnel to address increasingly sophisticated attacks
- Understanding the need for crafting a risk-based information governance framework to address cyber security threats and mitigation
- Why you should develop strategies to communicate the risks and appropriate behaviors to mitigate the risks to action officers/users within the organization
Ken Lewis is the Chief Information Security Officer for Cadence Group. In this role, he has been responsible for thwarting the malicious acts of evil deed doers for more than 15 years. Leveraging his background in computer science he works with Cadence Group and clients to identify risks, create effective education programs, develop monitoring plans, and establish appropriate and effective responses to threats both external and internal. He leverages the guidance of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the regulations of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) to ensure not only compliance, but risk mitigation.
Ms. Weaver has over 17 years of professional experience as a Records and Information Management consultant providing expertise in Electronic Records Cleanup, FOIA, Records Management, Hotline and Docket Supervision, Records Facility Storage and Project Management. Serving as a Director with the Cadence Group, Ms. Weaver oversees a portfolio of federal records management and library contracts and serves as a RIM consultant to commercial clients. She currently serves as President of the ARMA Northern Virginia Chapter.
- House salad
- Choice of: Rib eye steak grilled medium and topped with herb butter; broiled jumbo lump crab cake; grilled salmon topped with herb butter; or penne primavera in light tomato sauce with broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, squash and parmesan
- Entrees except pasta are served with veggie rice and green beans
- Choice of: cheesecake or brownie a la mode
- Coffee, tea, sodas
- Cash bar
Reservations Required: Please RSVP by 5:00 PM Monday, May 8, 2017, by responding to your on-line invitation or by visiting Meeting Registration. No refunds for cancellations after Monday, May 8, 2017.
Directions: I-270 to Exit 11, Montgomery Village Ave. Left onto Rte. 355/North Frederick Ave. heading north. The restaurant is about 1 mile north on the right.